Committed Students Program
An opportunity to experience the support of a small group of Insight Meditation practitioners, to systematically study the teachings of the Buddha, and to develop a relationship with an Insight Meditation Teacher.
This course is taught by Mountain Stream Teacher, Heather Sundberg, and has been offered since 2013 at our beautiful Nevada City Insight Meditation Center.
The current Committed Students Program is full and no new applications are being taken at this time. Thank you for your interest! Please check back.
Areas of Study for Committed Students Program (Future and Past)
Years Four & Five 2016 - 2017
- Two Years on the theme of Maturing & Deepening Awareness, teachings & practices primarily from the Thai Forest Tradition
- Current Prerequisites Include:
- 5 years of practice in the Insight Meditation tradition
- At least 25 nights of Insight Meditation Residential Retreat experience
- An established relationship with a meditation teacher
Years One, Two & Three 2013-2014 -2015
- 2013: 9 Month Program was held from April 7– December 1, 2013
Themes: 4 Noble Truths & Brahma Vihara
- 2014: 11 Month Program was held from February-December 2014
Theme: The Four Foundations of Mindfulness
- 2015: 11 Month Program was held from February-December 2015
Theme: The Three Characteristics